Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little steamy...

I editioned my grapes and brought a print home. I'll scan it tomorrow or Friday.

This was the last thing we did last semester. A woodblock print!
We each got a huge slab of pine shelving, drew up our sketches, and then got to carving.
It was so hard.
Oh, geez.
It takes some serious elbow grease to get through one of these things.
Brutal.
Our prompts for subject matter:
-cropped, no complete figures or objects
-evoke a sense (sight, sound, touch, taste, smell)
OR
-something related to the arts (theatrical, culinary, fine, etc.)
I chose the former.
My result...


I'm pretty adamant about using only my own sketches/photos for reference with school work, or anything that would potentially be sold. I didn't for this piece. Yep, I'm a thief. Since it was my first woodblock, experimental, and I knew I wouldn't be printing it much... I decided to do what I wanted. Definitely no profit for this one.


Hahaha.
Very glamorous shot of Yoochun, neh? Poor boy.
So, I blatantly stole Junsu's image.
I think this is an offshot from A-Nation 2008. The original is a video, so it's my own screencap.
Still a thief.
Heavily stylized and added to.
Still a thief.
But it's Jun-chaaaaaannnnnn! I can't resist! The quickest food-vacuum in Kpop! I must pay homage!

Practically broke my hands making the darn thing. I figured I should have an emotional investment if I was going to endure the physical strain. Haha!

When it was nearing completion my Prof made an aside comment that the figure's face was so boy-ish, while the hands looked like they belonged to a construction worker, pouring cement.
I laughed and agreed.
Internally, I was snorting/giggling/heehawing. I was thinking, 'good, an accurate portrait then!'
rofl.
Puppies, cuteness, and veiny hands.
Lovely bundle of contradictions.
/fangirl
*ahem*

No comments:

Post a Comment