Past tense.
I worked on The Seamstress and a couple days later my fingers started swelling again. Put me right back down in a dark, slimy, emotional hole.
Awesome.
But now I'm side-eying the scribe I use. Wondering if that's the culprit 'cause I used other writing implements while my hand was healing and had no trouble.
Anywho...
Doodled these a few months ago, before my hand started falling apart.
I was watching 'The Mystery of Picasso' and felt like drawing a bit.
The first one was a micron pen over a thin layer of pink acrylic paint in a blackbook. Scanned it, doubled it in Photoshop, rotated, color changed, etc, etc...
Kinda fun.

The second one is decidedly more Picasso. Used a similar process to what he did in the film. Always a joy to watch an artist work in real time. Very cool documentary.

Trying to not get crazy depressed about my hand again.
Trying.
Finding it hard to be successful.
Started re-reading The Hunger Games hoping that the epic gore and injuries will make me feel better about my own condition. Kinda working.
Next post should be scans of my abstract proofs. Might dip The Seamstress, too.
Putting the scribe on quarantine. We'll see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment