Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Yay, Summer!!!
My goal is to get five paintings done before Fall semester. That, and getting a driver's license and a job if possible. Plus, I'm doing some other art projects for friends. Yeeeee.


I don't know what this is or where it's going, but I've been painting it for the last couple days. Acrylic on Bristol. I actually drew it during Winter Break last year, but didn't get a chance to paint it. The process was lifted from one of Mzzz. Larsen's classes. During the gallery's sculpture show, we went down and sketched some of the maquettes. Then we cut the sketches into interesting pieces and moved them around on paper, tracing the contours. We finished them by 'irradiating' with simple black gradients. I rather liked my piece, but I think the Larsen kept them all.

But... I still had the sketch cut-outs!!! So I figured I would make my own little project. I think I'll be painting in some big areas of yellow-orange next. Maybe some bright green. Something bold. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment