Saturday, March 3, 2012

Yellcyenta!

 There it is. The product of my stencil failure. I badly want to cut a new yellow stencil and print at least one the way it was intended to be. I'm still so annoyed about it. Art-related mistakes don't ever bother me this much. I don't know what makes this different, but I feel like I need the closure on this print... sweet violet closure.
 After I printed my 12 violet-less prints, I played with the stencils a bit to fill the time. These prints makes me feel even stupider that I missed the violet, because there is obviously violet all over the place. The background here is one of those marbled prints I did for project #2. I printed the magenta stencil and flipped it around before printing the cyan. The waxy nature of the transparent base had an interesting effect on the transparent ink. Auras everywhere!
Three more followed. I printed the magenta stencil on a few sheets. Then I took all my cutting scraps and scattered them around. Printed it once in cyan, flipped the sheet around for the next, and added one more piece before printing the last. I like the result. They're playful and vibrant. I do enjoy the process. Printing is quite zen. I'm beginning to consider how I can continue to print on my own at home after the class--sustainably.

I'll be posting a few more of the watercolor crayon project prints before the weekend is out.

じゃね。

No comments:

Post a Comment