Sunday, December 9, 2012

Turkish Delight...

His recent games have brought out the obnoxious fangirl in me.

gifspam of doom after the cut...


Pardon the gifspam. I simply must.
Versus Atletico: Cristiano's cross assist and Mesut's finish, a balletic roundhouse smackdown.


CUDDLES. CUDDLES FOR EVERYONE!
He inspires such affectionate bromancing. He's like a puppy.


Versus Vallodolid: An absolutely critical match to keep Real in the running for La Liga... even if only just. A win was necessary. Vallodolid scored first off a corner. Then Benz scored on a counter. Awful dejavu when Vallodolid scored off another corner. Right before halftime, Benzema to Mesut to Benzema to Mesut. Benzil for the win. They link up so beautifully.


Benz gets fouled in the 70th minute, earning a free kick for Madrid. It's too close for Crispy, but it's in the Goldilocks zone for Mesut. GOLAZOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


I nearly soiled myself. Dare I mention how precious it is that Sergio starts celebrating when the ball is still in mid-flight... the bromance has reached epic heights with those two. Serzil have been shipping themselves for the last few weeks. All over Twitter and Facebook. The goals dedicated to each other. Sergio wearing Mesut's jersey under his own. The headbands and haircuts. Posting Serzil collages that look like they're straight off Tumblr. It's like they're actively creating as much fodder for fanfic writers as they can. It's hilarious.

Anyway, all season I have been annoyed with how critical the press is (especially in Spain) of Mesut. Everyone has taken multiple shots at him, calling him the weak link, he's off form, he's lost, he should leave Madrid, blah blah blah. Most of it wildly unfounded. He's just an easy target because he's German and plays a vital position for the team. So, when Real plays poorly as a team, he takes all the blame. I've largely ignored it, but it sure is sweet when he plays solid as ever, gets the minutes he deserves, and shuts everyone the hell up with style and class. So sweet. So very sweet. After the game, a lot of the same press have screaming headlines touting his greatness, "MAGICO ÖZIL" "UN GENIÖ".
I'm side-eyeing all-y'all.

Doesn't matter what happens to Real Madrid in La Liga or the Champion's League. I'm just happy to watch the guy playing some of the prettiest football I've ever seen.


Maybe I'll get back to posting art at some point. *eyeroll* Sketched a couple of weeks ago and my fingers freaked out again. The swelling has finally been down for a few days now. Been doing some sewing in the meantime and lots of reading. Been a long time since I went through LOTR. Tons of fun to return to Middle Earth and remember just how different it is from the movies. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment