![]() |
| The backyard is blooming. |
27 years old. Going on 7.
A football morning.
Real Madrid vs. Malaga. An exciting game, which ended 6-2 in our favor. All eight goals came from different players. Rather unusual. One of the six was Özil's.
A break sent him sprinting down the pitch. He didn't have much help, so Mesut dodged and danced his way to this lovely right-footed shot. He also nutmeg-ed a linesman from behind when he was setting up a corner. CHEEEEEEEEKY. I'm still giggling about it. Sadly, he got clipped awkwardly by a Malaga player late in the game. His ankle did something funny and he went down, stayed down, and looked like he was in a lot of pain. Tried to stand on it, nopenopenope, and sat right back down. Got stretchered off. ;;___;;
He has such a supple, delicate quality to his
football, and is so contact-shy, that he's barely ever been injured. It's very disconcerting. Not to mention the Copa del Rey final on the 17th... the only chance for RM to show that this season wasn't an absolute failure. Yeesh.MESSSUUUUUUT!
ANIMO MESUT!!!!!
Asa Butterfield was sweet/hilarious in a reddit AMA this morning. He's playing Ender in the very very very very very long awaited film adaptation of my favorite book ever (for sentimental reasons). I've followed the happening, not happening, happening, not happening progress of this movie for what feels like half my life. Lol. While Orson Scott Card has gone completely hyper Mormon crazy, I still love these books dearly.
The trailer was released yesterday.
The blockbuster-ification was inevitable and expected. Whoever made the trailer either never read the book or is teasing on purpose to confuse us. Wouldn't be the first time a trailer gave the impression of a very different movie. That being said, it's... better than I thought it would be. It won't be true to the books, but that never bothers me about adaptations. I like the look of it though. I like Asa as Ender. All the shiny lens-flares make it look like a kid's version of the newer Star Trek, which is funny to me.
The Ender's Game in my head is far darker and grittier, but I have no objection to this crystalline bright look. It still trips me out that a lot of the technology Card put into the novels in the 80s, which was fantasy at the time, is part of our daily lives now. The computer 'desks'. The digital palm-reading locks. THE INTERNET. Haha. It makes sense that they had to up the ante on the tech for the movie. Much of what was very futuristic then, is very normal now.
I want funny Dink. I want intense Petra. I want the Giant's Drink.
I require Bean.
If that happens, I'll be cool with the result, no matter how much of a departure it is.
Until then...
The Enemy's Gate is Down.


No comments:
Post a Comment