Friday, June 28, 2013

Potential...

I have been reading.
I have also been reminded of why I don't read books as much as I used to.
It's dangerous.
I can't ever put them down. Hours and days disappear. I dive in and forget to manage basic bodily functions. I'm nearly at 6 books in the last two weeks.

Finally getting around to reading the remaining Enderverse books. I had been waiting until they were all out to plow through in one go. But the movie will be out at the end of the year, so I'm forging ahead even with two more books forthcoming. Halfway through Earth Afire. Earth Unaware and this one precede Ender's Game. **SPOILER ALERT** You get an intimate view of first contact with the Buggers and how that all goes down. Having read the rest of the series with a grasp of what the next 3000 years are like, I know exactly what is going to happen. I could guess what 'The Scouring of China' referred to in EG. I knew the death toll and immense tragedy. But that isn't making it any less thrilling or terrifying... more-so probably. That first-hand view is an intense roller coaster of emotion. I'm especially interested in the content, because Aaron Johnston was the co-writer and he worked on the screenplay for the movie, so the shots of the invasion will certainly be canon. What's shown in the trailer is accurate to the text thus far. That's cool. Gosh, and Mazer's story is hair-raising at times. Wow.

Ancelotti is confirmed for Real Madrid. He said Zidane will be assistant coach on the bench ZIZOUUUUUUUUUUU! I will shit rainbows whenever Özil/Zidane interaction happens. The young and excellent Isco was announced today, too. I'm feeling very hopeful about the next season.

I've developed quite a relationship with the Scrub Jays that visit our backyard. There are four. Each with distinct personalities/behaviors. Never a dull moment. I should post about them. Maybe some video! We'll see.

First teaser for Junsu's album and MV. Haunting and delicious.
He said there would be bright summery fun and also darkness.
I'll take it. All of it.



But nothing is as important as what happened in the wee morning hours on Tuesday.
My nephew was born. He's the first of the next generation on both sides of my family.
The feeling is incredibly foreign. It's strange to think of my brother as a father.
So strange.
It's only because we're so different.
He, the gregarious, independent, married, adult.
Me... the polar opposite.
I can't begin to fathom taking on that kind of responsibility.
Utterly beyond me in every way. Makes me anxious just thinking about it.

But the little one, not so little actually despite being two weeks early, is perfectly healthy. With a full head of hair. No red though. Heh.
Welcome to the world, W!

No comments:

Post a Comment