Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pure Junsu spam...

Incredible
Turns out that I love this track way more than I thought I would. It has been stuck in my head since it was released. Catchy as all get out. Quincy's delivery is as dull as his step-father's. Sorry, Diddy. WTF is a spaceship candy? Anyway, love the track. So bright and fun compared to Tarantallegra. And it's just ridiculous and fun. Should've gotten a dancer to be on the bed with him instead of a model. Models tend to be graceless and awkward. Can't have that lack of enthusiasm next to DAT GOLD SUIT. He literally 'put his swag on'. Hahahaha. Bless him.


LOEN's Showcase
It was only 30 minutes, but pretty great. Tarantallegra, 11AM, Sorry, and Incredible. The 11AM performance is really something special. Done like the MV with just the vocal and then adding in live piano. He looks so happy to be on stage. Adorable and having fun with the audience, as always. His 10+ years of experience is really showing. Always on-point and charming.


the Grammys
Put him on the home page for a bit, which came as a sweet surprise. Lovely interview. The highlight: "I'm not trying to overestimate myself of anything, but Music is me."
Reminds me of his lyric from Mozart, "I'm a major, a minor, a harmony, a melody... I'm a forte, a piano, a dance and fantasy. I... am... music." Damn right.


Ask in a Box
Another interview... less serious. More the typical bubbly Su. Chunsa Junsu FOREVER. He'll never live that down. Chicken love. Kindred spirit on the math front. And shorts. Good heavens, boy. Lots of shorts during this promotional period. Gone his whole career wearing only pants and suddenly his legs are everywhere. Checking my kpop tumblr is like wading through a river of Junsu legs. Maybe he overcame a complex after having dozens of fangirls filming him play soccer in HD. LOL.


Fantasy
One of my favorite songs on the album, especially after I saw clips of the first concert. It's infectiously happy and flirtatious. This particular clip reminded me of old performances of Michael Jackson... like Another Part of Me. So playful with the fans/dancers and looking like he's having the time of his life.


Incredible Rehearsal
Looks like the LA dance team will be at the two shows back in Korea. I love the Korean dancers, but these guys are simply another level of professional talent. They helped Junsu reach his true potential as a dancer after a career of doubting himself despite his natural ability. Yunho was always 'the best dancer in kpop' and to say otherwise was blasphemy. That was never actually true, but I don't think Junsu realized what he could do until he got out from under that shadow. Jeri Slaughter challenged him, thereby erasing any of those doubts. The LA crew will bring out the best in him at the concerts. Can't wait to see them do Turn it Up, Fantasy, and No Reason. Gonna be a beautiful thing.


Right in the feels, too. Dance rehearsals are the most fun part of being in a company. Everyone knows what they're doing... just marking timing and spacing... so fun. I miss it.

Bambayaaaaah!
Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment