Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pressure...



Made this heading into the quarter-finals when there was still eight. Down to four now. The next two games are Brazil vs. Germany and Argentina vs. Netherlands. Absolutely massive. Spectacular tournament.

Heading into the previous Germany vs. France game, I thought Germany would go out. Rumor was a bunch of the players had the flu, the conditions were miserably hot, and France had much better results up until that game. But Germany scored early and dug in hard to hold onto that scoreline. Obviously, I'm rooting for Germany until the end, but Brazil are the hosts... and they've lost Silva to suspension and Neymar to a devastating injury. Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest if Brazil rallied through the adversity and came out on top. Thus far, Germany have done the bare minimum to advance. It has served them well, but they might get stuck in that gear and pay for it.

Nearly blacked out while washing dishes today. Pre-menstrual cramps hit early and hard. My uterus is a terrorist. Misery. My blood pressure increasingly seems to be on a hair-trigger. Little panics, flashbacks, or pain and all my blood goes rushing into my toes like there's a party down there. No matter how familiar I am with the sensation, it never fails to utterly incapacitate and terrify me.

I wonder if there will be a time in the future when circulatory systems can be robotically/artificially assisted...

Probably not in my lifetime, but still...

That would be rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment