This is Miyavi. He is a guitarist of Japanese Rock fame, in a genre referred to as Visual-Kei. I enjoy the energy of his music. I enjoy that he is such a spaz. Strange as it sounds, of all the sets of tattoos I've seen, his are my favorite.
We might as well stay in the same genre for these two. Above: Aoi-san is the rhythm guitarist of a band called the GazettE (ガゼット). He's decked out in kimono here. All of these use photo references, by the way. Below: Yoshiki-san is the percussionist of the legendary jrock band X-Japan. This piece was my entry for a contest at jrockrevolution.com. I won it, which surprised me to no end.

From Japanese Rock we hop over to Korean Pop. I got into TVXQ (5-member boyband) in 2007. This drawing is one of the members, Xiah Junsu. I cried uncontrollably the first time I watched him sing 'Beautiful Thing' in a youtube vid. Been obsessed with the group ever since. Figured I ought to draw him.Both Junsu and Yoshiki are drawn with mechanical pencils.
Wow you're amazing
ReplyDelete