I hit a proper art phase. That hasn't happened in... well, at least two years probably. Strong ideas for pieces popping in all sparkly and fully-formed. Some new. Some updates of older inklings. It's a bit torturous since I'm seemingly always going to be babying my fingers, but I've been drawing more and more and they still hold up with only the lightest swelling and sensitivity, so I'm ramping things up.
Steadily dumping these Mesut-y sketches onto my Tumblr after every game (or two). Saturday's game against Crystal Palace still needs to go up, but I have a feeling he won't be playing until next Saturday. All of the starters should be taking a much-needed break for the mid-week Cup game. Frankly, it has been quite the ride. I had no great expectations of success at Arsenal, but these boys have been Top of the League since Mes joined and maintaining their momentum despite injuries/exhaustion. I feel spoiled. The Norwich game alone was the stuff of fairy tales. Meanwhile, Real Madrid is struggling. Ancelotti's 'system' is not clicking. Makes me wish Khedira and Benzema would bail and join Arsenal in January.
Bring on the compilations, Gooners! (Nice song, btw)
Got to meet my 3-month old #1 favorite nephew. Just so happens that he is the cutest baby I've ever seen. Seriously. I'm not much of a baby fan, whether family or not, but sweet tapdancing Odin... the little tyke is so cute it makes you squirm and squee involuntarily.
Anyway, back to art and productivity. If I can get a few pieces finished I might do the typical print-shop thing. Like Society6 or something. Perhaps by the end of the year. Not long off, but I have some stuff well in-progress. Still too timid to actually paint with actual paint. Too much going well right now to risk the use of my hand. So, just digital. Then I'd like to refurbish Kpoppy for it's first birthday. I've already coded all the structure for that. Just need to update a bunch of content. Aaaaand, what else? Oh gosh, I might try to do NaNoWriMo this year. Likely setting myself up for total failure there. Hahaha. Especially with all the art stuff. But there's this story my brain is fixated on that I want to just get down. I'm a shit writer, but I want to challenge myself to go for it. Typing extensively can irritate my fingers though, so I'll stop if anything threatens.
Still playing with those paisleys...
Off to bed!



No comments:
Post a Comment