Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Building still...

 The room is nearly settled. A few more bits and bobs to sort out. There is one more piece of furniture to either make or buy. A shelving grid for paint storage. But today I worked on this pen/pencil rack to go in one of the IKEA drawers. Figured I could buy one for 30 bucks or make some use of all the spare cardboard I have collected over the years.

Constructed the box out of some cardboard sketchbook backs and covered in white cardstock. Then used a bunch of the cardstock to double-over and slice all the component pieces for the slotted grid.

TOOK  FOREVER.


F-O-R-E-V-E-R

But the result is exactly what I needed. Huge space-saver.
Here it is in the drawer, all filled up. The Butterfinger and Smarties tins are full of Sharpies and my set of drawing pencils, respectively. Altoid container has lead and eraser refills.


YATTAAAAAAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment