I prepared some prints over the next week, which forced me to use my hand for some technical things and signing. I noticed my fingers were a bit irritated, so I took it easy again.
Then my dad asked me to teach him how to use the mat-cutter so he could frame something for my mom. Cool. I talked him through it. At one point I wanted to wipe the handle for one of the blades to make sure there was no shmutz. For the first time in my life I cut a corner in regards to sharp things. I don't like sharp things. They freak me out. I've had some bad experiences with needles/broken glass, which were out of my control. Spending most of my 28 years doing art things, I've had a multitude of opportunities to take the many exacto blades, razors, stencil-cutters, etching tools, clay tools, etc... for granted. But I never have, because (((shudder))).
Until this moment. Probably because my dad makes me nervous. Instead of removing the blade before wiping the handle (as I have done a dozen times), I left it intact. I'd be careful as always.
Regrets.
Lol.
Cutting corners... I nearly cut the corner off my thumb. *facepalm*
It wasn't that bad. Just a clean 3/4 inch slice. Not deep. But, ya know, panic attacks are a thing. So I spent the next 30 minutes lying on the ground, trying to keep my anxiety under some semblance of control, and keep a paper towel firmly clamped on my thumb. And even though it has been weeks and my thumb has beautifully knitted itself back together, it's making me anxious just writing this.
I am a really fucking anxious person.
Clearly.
Calm yo tits, girl!
FINGER STATUS: (January 3rd)
I took these pictures (with my tablet) about a week after the thumb incident, so it looks great already. As often happens after a big blowup, I compensate for the raw painful areas by using unusual parts of my fingers to do normal daily business things, which have potential to blow up too if I'm not careful. Well, all probably would have been well if I hadn't tried to cut my thumb off. The vice grip I held it with was the final straw. My thumb swelled up huge, more than for just the slicing trauma. And all those compensating spots blew up. So I had a nice little relapse.
As of now, a couple weeks later, all of my fingers look really good. gentle pinks instead of angry purpling reds. All the swelling is down. I'm tempted to draw again still. But I'm trying to not be stupid. I don't want another setback.
Patience.
Gonna keep this quick. One more image. I love my tablet. It's everything I wanted it to be.
The new responsive KPOPPY.com went up. The tablet was a huge help with that... and continues to be.
It has a little drawing program called Dabbler. A few days after I got the tablet I fussed around with it a bit to see what it was like. Haven't done any more because... fingers. But this was 10 minutes of screwing around...
Maybe I'll do more quick sketches in the future.
Well, managing viable finger time might delay that for a long while. Lol.
It would be cool to see what I could make with it.
Alright. Better stop before typing makes my fingers angry again.
PS.
Je suis... intolerant of religious bullshit.
Fuck the shitheads who thought they needed to protect their imaginary prophet from ink and pencils with sub-machine guns and RPGs.
And fuck the Pope for suggesting that insulting faith is unacceptable.
Take us out, Tim!


No comments:
Post a Comment