My brother saw a painting somewhere, took a picture of it, and requested I re-create it.
Thusly...
It's becoming a thing.
Likely hard to discern at this state, but it's a overhead view of a beach. As if shot straight down from a drone/quadcopter. Waves lapping up. Beach-goers with blankets and umbrellas. Surfers wading out. Palm trees.
I have no idea who the original artist was. Also don't really know what the medium was. The picture my bro sent looked like a painting that was printed on a canvas with some vague craquelure effect on it. A bit strange.
So I'm using acrylics in a watercolor-ish manner. Multiple transparent layers, glazes, starting messy and becoming more careful as I progress. I've never painted something quite this big before. Not as my own piece alone at least. I've done smaller parts of big murals. But this sucker is 60x40. Bananas for scale in the first shot. Lol. It comes up to my eyes.
Trying to only do one layer every couple of days to keep my fingers from freaking out. Doing okay so far.
Cracked up watching the opening ceremony for the Rio Olympics. In one of the first video montages there are a bunch of overhead shots exactly like this one. Funny coincidence.
Also got an idea for a Project for Awesome Art contribution.
More on that later.
Picked a few of the first burgundy beans out of our garden yesterday.
Yay, veg!





No comments:
Post a Comment