Friday, December 16, 2011

Last run...

I thought nine prints was a lot for one open lab... today I got twelve!!!

Used the technique I mastered last semester for the final printing days. Inked two plates, signed up for the press (there's always a line), then inked another plate while I waited. Printed the first two, new paper in the water bath (we can't put more than two in at a time), signed up to print, inked a plate while waiting, printed... rinse... repeat. I should've taken a picture of my inking station because it was the most epic inking station EVER!

IIRC, the twelve prints include:
  • 2 'Rare Solace' in purples
  • 2 'Swelling Disruptions' in orange-red
  • 2 'For Science' in standard black
  • 1 'For Science' in deep green
  • 4 Cabbage in three color inks
  • 1 Cabbage in blue
The Cabbage plate is the new soft-ground abstract drawing I did. 'Abstract' is relative. We had minestrone soup the night before and when I cut the tough stalk out of the cabbage I thought it looked cool. I wrapped it up and took it to class... drew and etched it that day. It's sort of intriguing. Actually, maybe I'll scan on of the proofs tonight. I took the Prof's advice on the inking colors and I don't know if I'm convinced it looks good. I liked it in black. And the blue looked nice today. *shrug* It's a minimal effort plate, so I'm not very attached.

That's it then! No more etching this year. Just signing prints and the portfolio review next Wednesday. Finishing up the HTML/CSS final stuff. My site is done, so only peer reviews and evaluations to do. I'm glad I stayed so on top of building that site all this time.

Winter break will be healing time for the fingers and some long awaited projects to complete! w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment