The last of the etchings for a while...
 |
| Craving minestrone soup now! |
This is the 'soft-ground abstract thing' I mentioned a few posts ago. I
was cutting up and adding cabbage to some minestrone soup and rather liked the look of the cross-section. I knew I wanted to have one more etching for my portfolio, so decided to crank out one cabbage-inspired piece. Packed up the cabbage slice and sat it next to me at school while I drew into the soft-ground. Etched it that day and printed it at the next class.
The result is this funky-looking thing. The color was the Prof's idea. Three ink wipe. It's nothing spectacular, but for being a last-minute experiment with my fingers screaming at me to stop drawing... not terrible. Fully committed to the effect of soft-ground. The ballpoint pen drawing that went in to the making of this looks almost exactly like the print--only black.
I liked the black prints actually. So, while I only had time to get about five of these triple-color ones, I pulled an extra black and this blue fellow. Leaning towards liking it better than the above version. Dunno.
Anyway! I named it 'Take Root'... and there ya have it.
Still struggling with the domain madness. Meh.
Got a finished copy of a CD I did the cover art for and it looks AWESOME!!! HUZZAH!
That's exciting.
Also exciting is what I'll be doing over winter break... transferring everything on my computer to my brand-spankin'-new computer. Sticking with a PC. Windows 7. Rather intimidated about the transfer process, since I'm so deeply embedded in this computer, which I've been using for like 10 years. It's a mess. XD
I'll be posting some old stuff over the break to keep things moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment